Google analytics

THE MULLIGAN STEW JEWELRY PHOTO ALBUM

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Snippets of Inspiration

Sometimes a song, usually from years ago, will pop into my head and just stay there for days.  Dog and Butterfly by the group Heart.  I remembered the tune, but had forgotten the words.  So, I went searching on the internet.  The lyrics really did not hold any special meaning for me.  It was the chorus line, "Dog and Butterfly" that resonated.  The visual of the dog playfully chasing a butterfly on the cover of the album.

I read a brief bio on the song, written by one of the band members.  She stated that the point of the song was "...we are always trying to grab at something higher."   I can identify with that.

Then, I forgot about the song. 

I like to create jewelry.  It is a hobby .... a way to relax.  An outlet for stress.  A way to balance my right brain with my left brain.  If that is possible.....

While pushing around piles of stuff on my work space where I like to create jewelry, I spied a ceramic dog cabochon that I had purchased.  I rummaged around in my stuff for a few other pieces to put together with the dog. 

I want to create a tangible piece that speaks of "always trying to grab at something higher."  

Necklace, brooch, bracelet....don't know yet.  I create as I go, not always starting with a design in mind.  Not always ending with the pieces I started with.  Just an idea.  I have a drawer full of ideas!  lol!

Here is a picture of some the pieces that I plan to work with:


Not the CD of course!  

The tune is now playing in my head again............



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts after reading my post. If you would like to inquire about my Jewelry, you can contact me via my email address.
MULLIGANSTEWJEWELRY@GMAIL.COM

Search This Blog