Before the challenge was announced, I had the above idea set out. I thought, hey, I will finish this design.
Then I thought....no....it would be pretty...but not a nail biting challenge. And that is what I wanted to experience.
So......I pulled out a brass stamping of twin snakes that I have never used in a design. I don't know why I purchased these. I am not a fan of snakes. Yet, I did buy several a while back because of the unique design. I saw possibilities.
I laid out this design to look at for a few days. Yep, I think this may work.
The coloring was not considered, only the pieces for the design. I planned to co-ordinate the coloring later. I chose a butterfly cameo.
After a few more days, I didn't like this anymore. So...I laid out something different.
And then, I changed the design and the cameo that I used. I was happy with this one! Put it together, and this is the end result.
I work like this all the time. Every design I have ever attempted has been a series of transformations before the end result STARES AT ME and I have that "AH HA" moment.
I still don't care much for snakes. I am, however, pleased with the result of using these snake stampings.
By the way, you can find this stamping here, in raw brass, if you would like to challenge yourself to create with it!